Saturday, April 18, 2009

Outings

Well it has been awhile since I have posted so I figured an update was needed. Llarson has been doing very well and is progressing nicely. He is basically housbroken now, the only issue he has had in this area is peeing in his crate, but we learned quickly that if he barks/whines and keeps persisting when in his crate it usually means he has to go. He has started to go to the back door when he needs to "take a break" which shows he is learning where he needs to do his business. On walks Llarson has a lot more confidence and is a lot better around barking dogs.

Last weekend Llarson went to a large shopping center and walked around the outside of the stores and a movie theater. He did great and loved being out and about and even ignored the tons of popcorn on the ground by the movie theater. He also did great when we took his kong out to play with him.

On Friday (yesterday) Llarson went to Petsmart and Target. He was great in both. I made the trips quick just because although he is pretty much housebroken I would rather not take the risk. So it was a quick trip in Petsmart for some parakeet food and a quick loop inside Target to get used to "human" stores. Llarson was great and I gave him a rope toy to tug with outside of Target and he was focused during the entire quick play session. I am hoping that tomorrow, I might get to take him to my brother's soccer game and maybe Home Depot for some more exposure.

And the post would not be complete with out some pictures!

Llarson getting out of his crate and getting ready to go into Petsmart.



Llarson ready for action!



Llarson demonstrating the "hup" command.



Next outing I will try and get some pictures of Llarson inside the stores. I hope everyone has a great weekend.


-Addie, Ggoody, and Llarson

1 comment:

Life With Dogs said...

Llarson looks like he is ready to go to work! Looking forward to more pics :)