Monday, March 7, 2011

CBDC Made the News...Again!


Random Picture of Ggoody around Christmas time

Today marks the two year anniversary since I had received Llarson to raise. Crazy how time flies! It's been about four months since I last posted which is way too long for my liking. Between school, club meetings, and work I have been super busy which leaves hardly anytime to update. However, I have a bit of free time now so I thought I would update the blog with what has been happening.

Back in November Llarson graduated with his handler and is currently working in Minnesota as a member of the National Explosive Canine Team Program. I couldn't be more proud of him. I haven't been able to get in contact with his handler, but I am sure Llarson is doing just fine. I hope he can handle the cold weather since he grew up in Texas!

Ggoody is doing well. I miss having her around all the time since I am in college now and dogs are not allowed in the dorms. She is still her very laid back, loving self. I love going back home during the breaks to see her. Over the Christmas break I tried to make up for lost time during the fall school semester and took her to several dog parks to burn off excess energy. She loved it! Over Spring Break I plan to do the same thing and possibly take her golfing with me at a course that is dog friendly.

In December my family and I fostered a seven year old long haired dachshund named Elwood from the local humane society. He was such a sweet dog, but had some severe health issues (heartworms and severe dental decay) that the humane society was trying to correct. We offered him a loving home for the holidays. He fit right in and enjoyed sleeping on Ggoody's bed. Sadly we couldn't keep him so we had to take him back to the humane society, but I think he was adopted soon after we returned him since he was removed from the website listing and the shelter is no kill. I sure hope Elwood found a loving home.

Elwood and Ggoody sleeping


Now to the title of the post. A fellow TSA Puppy Raiser shared a link with me about Lackland Air Force Base's Working Dog Program. It was a news story from ABC; it made the national news! The video is awesome and gives a good perspective of what the program is all about. Scott Thomas who is interviewed in the video is the Puppy Raising Program's manager. Too cool! Enjoy. Here is the link.

-Addie

P.S There may be some exciting news coming up regarding puppy raising, but I am not 100% sure so I don't want to jinx it quite yet. But stay tuned!

1 comment:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Welcome back to blogging world, we missed you!

Wow, 2 years!? Time sure flies :)

Rudy's Raiser